Our core business for over 35 years has been helping companies like yours solve cross-border, international trade compliance and cost issues.
Descartes MSR Customs has been developing, deploying, and supporting our world-class Customs and International Technologies, Trade Services, and Knowledge for more than 35 years. Our depth and scope is unmatched in the industry. We work to deliver the systems, services, information, and knowledge that make your importing and exporting processes secure and dependable.
Descartes MSR Customs' journey began when Mr. Rajiv Manucha founded the company in 1981 with a revolutionary vision. At a time when computers and their processing and connectivity potential were barely understood by most, he was convinced of the benefits that the synergy of technology and trade compliance would bring.
Leveraging his training and experience as an engineer, he melded the power of software with global trade compliance with the aim of helping businesses meet complex compliance challenges and obligations in a new, more productive way that also gave them competitive advantage.
The rest, as they say, is history. But even so, the work continues. Over the decades, Mr. Manucha brought Descartes MSR Customs to the forefront of developing international trade and customs compliance solutions. With our continued investments in technology and people, we plan to remain at the forefront for many more decades to come.
What We Do
For the past 35 years we have helped companies with our technologies, services, and knowledge:
- Applying top-tier customs applications that are exceptionally functional and feature rich.
- Information technology and systems methodologies that provide the best infrastructure for secure, stable, robust applications and communications, and offer maximum flexibility for diverse interface and integration environments.
- Audit, advisory and benchmarking of customs functions.
- Supply chain security, and the impact of customs regulations on logistics.
- Recovery of customs duties and commodity tax overpayments.
- Trade laws and regulations governing import, export and customs compliance, including corporate governance in a multi-national context.
- Customs business continuity planning and infrastructure including power, communications, systems, data, physical location, staff, and disaster recovery.
Through reputation, longevity, depth and diversity of experience, and commitment to research and development, Descartes MSR Customs has earned a "who's who" list of clients in the manufacturing, distribution, and retail sectors across all industries.
Many of our clients have been with us for well over a decade, some are now into their second. Most have evolved their customs processes to take advantage of the benefits of new customs programs and to keep their processes aligned with changing corporate strategies.
Clients say they appreciate our culture of anticipating, listening, and responding to their needs. And that they rely on the strong relationships we have with their staff, other clients, government, and innovative and trustworthy logistics service providers.