The Canadian Customs Self-Assessment (CSA) program delivers compliance assurance, lower costs, and FAST border clearance.
CSA Delivers Significant Benefits
For Canadian companies whose main concern is expediting shipments into the U.S., the benefit of the Canadian Customs Self-Assessment (CSA) program is access to the joint U.S. Canada FAST border clearance program. Faster clearance means faster delivery at a lower cost.
Other significant benefits to becoming a CSA participant include:
- Reduced costs; CSA shipments do not require the services of a Customs Broker and trucks have priority access, eliminating wait time.
- Improved compliance; import declarations are created from internal business system data.
- Increased timeframes for reporting imports; useful for classification, valuation, and origin certification.
- Increased timeframes for paying customs duties and import-related commodity taxes.
- An enhanced relationship with Canada Customs.
Descartes MSR Customs Systems and Services
Drawing on 35 years of experience in Canadian Customs compliance and supply chain security, we can show you the shortest and most effective route to CSA approval. And provide you with comprehensive technology and support services including:
- Certified CSA solutions.
- Simplified business and systems data flow design.
- Detailed CSA and PIP applications that gain approval the first time.
- Negotiations with CBSA for preferential options.
- Implementation of solutions.
- Training, transitioning, and ongoing systems and operational support.
- Backup support for your staff.