Fulfill your NAFTA and FTA certificate and solicitation obligations and minimize duty costs
A Smart Business Strategy
Lowering or eliminating your Customs duties is a smart business strategy — particularly in this tough economy. The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and other international free trade agreements (FTAs) are important: their preferential duty rates can save you between 3% and 15%.
Getting the most out of Free Trade Agreements — and meeting their complex requirements — can require both expertise and streamlining technologies. And finding the resources to manage compliance obligations can be a real challenge.
MSR's NAFTA and FTA compliance solution can help you avail of the benefits that Free Trade Agreements bring, significantly streamlining the process along the way. Like many other MSR products, our NAFTA and FTA solution is web based, meaning it can be set up and implemented in days, requiring minimal setup time and IT resources.
MSR Customs has the Technologies, Services and Expertise
MSR Customs offers a comprehensive set of international free trade agreement technology, services and expertise. They'll help you get lower duty rates, simplify compliance, and enhance trade opportunities and your supply chain:
- Comprehensive, intelligent free trade agreement technologies including Web-based access for suppliers and customers with databases that cross-reference products with certificates and keep track of expiry dates.
- Shared access to products and certificates across locations, divisions, and business units.
- Automated requests to suppliers for certificates on a shipment by shipment or yearly basis.
- Verification that certificates meet Customs requirements for completeness or could withstand a customs audit.
- Qualification of goods under applicable free trade agreements.
- Simplified certificate creation and distribution.
- Consistent application of preferential duty rates on all qualifying shipments.
- Electronic record keeping, including complete audit trails.